Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Joy of the Lord

As I continually seek to get closer to God, I am presented with daily revelations in my own life. Every day I find miracles, small in nature mostly but meaningful none the less. The blessings He rains on me are endless, I only have to acknowledge the source of such things. It is very often our first reaction to just accept things as they happen with the "it is what it is," mentality. Ultimately, we are not as lucky as we like to think. God directs us each separately in our individual destiny's. If we fail to embrace His constant direction we choose to miss out on His priceless redemption and goal for our lives.


I have experienced my own depths of personal pain. I have suffered through personal battles and have often found myself lost in despair. There were times I did not seek God for direction, instead I found fleeting satisfaction at the bottom of a bottle. In recent days I have been actively seeking God for my purpose in life. It is in Him that I seek definition, for the things of this world are wasteful.

I often look to the Cross not only as a symbol of His sacrifice for the sake of my sin but also as a saving grace in my deepest of wounds. It represents His healing in my life, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Christ's spiritual band-aid to my soul. We often become wounded in life in all areas of our existence. The default response is to numb our pain with more pain. We turn to the failing remedies of this world. Drugs, alcohol, sex and money do not repair the pain. All these things accomplish is to further prolong our suffering. There is a joy in the Lord that can only be experienced through faith and forgiveness.

I have been going to my local church more than ever lately, at least twice a week. I desire His presence more than ever in my life. I cannot express the spiritual rejuvenation He can bring if you only submit to it. I have many obstacles in my life right now I need to overcome. I am not in a place of perfection by any means. It is in my desperation that I seek His will in my life. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

If you are in a crisis, if you need direction, if all your attempts to make a change in your life have failed, if you desperately seek a brighter future... seek first the Kingdom of God. I cannot in words express the joy of knowing that life has a higher purpose, we are not here for our own prestige and social status, we are not here for a earthly legacy, we do not exist to die, we are here glorify the Lord and we are here to live for Him; forever. Search your heart, if you find a void or an emptiness that seems impossible to fill, let me tell you now that your right. It is impossible for you to fill. It exists for a higher consumption. It is for the Holy Spirit to invade your life and live within you. I have been filled and I tell you from personal experience that He continues to work on me from within. It is a daily walk with God and it is a constant maturity that never ends. As we grow and age physically, as we learn and seek education, as we prosper and earn promotion in our careers, we also must grow in the Spirit.


I hope that God can save your life as He has saved mine. I would be nothing without Him. If you're in the Miami, Florida area I have a church for you. It's called Trinity Church Miami. God can change your life. Try it, if you don't like it the world will take you back as quickly as it let you go... but if you like it, God will never let you go.




1 comment:

Jessica Senorin said...

Keep moving forward in your daily walk with God. He will always be there for you and nothing can ever separate us from His eternal love. God bless you bro!