Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shrek the Third Review


Following along with my summer reviews, I am now on my second film of the summer 2007 season.

I must say that usually whenever you have one good movie, spin-offs and sequels tend to fall short of the original, but "Shrek the Third" is the exception.

I loved this film as much as I loved the first two. It was just great from start to finish, I wouldn't change a thing. As much as I try to consider the fact that this is in the genre of a "kids movie," I can't help but enjoy all of the adult jokes tucked away in all the nooks and crannies of this wonderful movie. The story doesn't fall flat, as is the case with most sequels, and the movie isn't filled with lackluster "filler" material and scenes that only serve to meet the required allocated length. In other words, it was wonderfully written and had as much content and substance as its predecessors.

The animation is flawless, as with the first two. The comedy and chemistry between Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas is truly well blended and is carries through the entire movie. The addition of Justin Timberlake in this film as the new King of Far Far Away is a nice touch. There are also new characters such as Merlin, which are very funny and great additions to the movie. Shrek the Third definitely entertained me from beginning to end, and I look forward for more movies in the future.

No comments: