Sunday, March 19, 2006

Girls can dress for less. It's not fair.

Whenever I go shopping, I try my hardest to find nice clothes at a reasonable price; although my "reason" may differ significantly to your own. Unfortunately, in most cases I find myself spending more than I intended to anyway. Girls, it seems to me, don't have to worry about price as much as we do... they just take too long to decide on colour or how the pants make their ass look fat, or in some cases too small.

When I go shopping to JC Penny, Sears, Macy's or Burdines, I go straight to the discount rack, with the red sign on top with a percentage of some sort and the word "OFF." Even so, I find myself spending too much on an outfit and regretting it later. My experience has been that when girls go shopping, they can get entire outfits for so much less.

Case in point, I use to shop with a female friend of mine quite often, and every time we went anywhere (like Rave or Urban Outfitters) she would get shirts for like eight or twelve dollars each; jeans for twenty. Of course I am talking about causal wear here, nothing fancy. But in my case, if I wanted a nice name brand polo shirt, or button-down shirt and jeans... I am looking at spending at least fifty dollars.

It also occurs to me that brand names don't mean as much to the typical girl as they do to a guy. Girls can wear any low-cut shirt or tube-top or whatever and be just fine. Guys will be happy as long as the girls are showing some skin. But us guys, we like the brand status. Girls like to see a guy dressed well in a nice name brand shirt. We hate being generic, especially in clothing, while girls can wear pretty much anything tight-fitting and be alright with us.

I recently went to Macy's and bought a nice Ecko button-down cotton shirt and jeans. Both were on sale, the shirt was thirty and the jeans were forty. I am a sucker for nice material and colour schemes and I love the Ecko style; even if it means spending too much.

So, girls can dress for less. It’s not fair. But I won’t complain too much because I don’t menstruate periodically or have to carry around anyone’s babies. So ladies, enjoy this one perk you have… enjoy it well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...hey um...LividLizard....nevermind.

Anonymous said...

I solved the problem, me being male, by wearing female's clothes.